September 23, 2010

i will bring my camera i will bring my camera i will bring my camera i will bring my camera i will bring my camera i will bring my camera

my family recently bought a new camera: sony nex 5
in a nut shell - it's has more capabilities than a point-and-shoot, but it is not a dslr.

what is great about the sony nex 5:
- it is compact and yet produces dslr-like shots
- very easy to use eg. can produce shots that defocuses the background and focuses on your object without changing any settings
- hd video recording
- i was particularly impressed with its hand-held low light shots.


what i have realised after using the sony nex 5:
- i am having a little trouble focusing on people, especially when it is in low light. however, i am sure that once i get more time to figure it out, it should be fine.
- i am not particularly happy with the colour of the photos. i find them too sharp. however, like above, i'm sure i can achieve the colour i would like with more play-around time.

this camera is around the same price as an entry-level dslr, so there is a lot to consider. however, if you want a camera which you can use once you take it out of the box, never have to read the manual and yet produces sharp photos, i highly recommend the sony nex 5.

now all i have to do is bring around my camera with me to capture "sony" moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment