September 28, 2010

westfield insider: protect your gold armour

i love wearing dramatic jewellery. unfortunately, they aren't always made out of the best quality metal. after a full day of wearing a ring, i generally get a massive black ring mark on my finger. hence, most of my jewellery (silver and gold) have discoloured into a weird orange colour after a year of wear.

i'm excited to report: this no longer has to be the case! my fashion BFF gave me a great tip on saturday which i have to share with everyone.

to avoid any more discolouring on your favourite jewellery, paint it with invisible nail polish.

i'm using invisible Sally Hansen x-treme wear ($6.95AUD from priceline)

i was hesitant that it would be really gluggy or you could see areas which had the invisible nail polish. however, i was surprised you could not tell there was any difference. on top of this, nail polish drys very fast so it can even be done before you head out. I painted any areas which would be exposed to my skin (pretty much the whole ring inside and out except for the front).

i'm going to be painting all my jewellery from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment